An Added Layer
With this additional layer of security, known as two-factor authentication, we will occasionally ask you to enter a security code after you've provided your Online Banking password. You'll receive the four digit security code via either your email address or SMS message (when you sign up with our TextME service).
Two-factor authentication takes two of three identification factors (something you know, something you have, something you are) to produce a stronger assurance that the people accessing your mobile account are those that should be.
Your password (something you know) combined with the generated security code delivered either to your email address or mobile phone (something you have) keeps you safer, because not only would someone need your password now to break in, they'd need your phone or email account credentials as well.
Signing Up for TextME
Want to make receiving an SMS message to your mobile phone the way you get your security code? All you need to do is signup for our SMS banking service, TextME. To do so follow these steps:
- Sign into the Online Banking site and click on the "TextME" menu item in the top navigation bar.
- Click on "Add Device," agree to our terms of service and enter your phone number.
- You will receive a confirmation number on your phone.
- Enter that into the specified field in Online Banking and click submit.
- Reply back to the text message number (90703) that sent your confirmation number with the following text: VALOR COM
Frequently Asked Questions
- My phone was lost or stolen / I don't have access to my email account. How do I get my security code?
- If you lose your cell phone and wish to continue receiving your security code as an SMS message, you will need to register a different cell phone number under TextME. If you lose access to your email account, you will need to change your email address in your Online Banking settings to one that you can access or contact the credit union.
- What if a joint needs to log in?
- They would need access to the email address on file or you can enroll multiple phones under TextME to receive your security code.
- I never received my security code.
- If you're using TextME, please ensure the correct phone number is listed in the TextME service settings and that you are using the correct mobile phone. If using email, please ensure it did not get directed to your "junk" folder. You can add email@example.com to your contact list to avoid the junk folder issue.
Conditions & Notes
Promotional rates and terms are subject to change at any time without notice. Always contact credit union for most recent information. Valor membership required with all promotions.